Friday, December 19, 2008

Flat Stanley enjoys Chirstmas in Chicago!!!!




Hi kids! Sorry I have been out of touch. I got all wrapped up with the presidential election excitement...next thing I knew it was Thanksgiving....and now it's almost time for the winter holidays! I've been having a great time in Chicago. What a beautiful place in the winter time. But, boy, is it COLD. Brrrrrr. I need to buy myself a nice, warm coat!


Recently I took a train downtown to the Daley Center to see the lighting of the Christmas tree. WHOA....that tree is really BIG! Can you see how tiny I look next to the tree? Mayor Daley was there that day to do the tree lighting ceremony. I couldn't get a picture with him because it was too crowded to get near him. But I did make some nice friends while I was there. I was taking a picture by the tree when someone called out my name "Flat Stanley! Can we take a picture with you?" Wow...I was recognized in downtown Chicago! How cool is that? The family who called my name had a little baby and asked me if I could take a picture with him. Right as the picture was about to be snapped the baby got distracted by a loud noise and looked away...oh well. Isn't he cute in that blue hood with the little ears?

Then I walked around Daley Plaza a bit more and spotted a group of kids on a field trip. I asked them if we could take a picture together by the giant Christmas tree. One little girl in the group got super-excited and yelled out, "Flat Stanley...Flat Stanley!! Let me be in a photo with you!!". I guess he recognized me too!! You can see the girl holding me in the picture. I'm in the bottom right-hand side of the photo. Those kids sure were nice.

Tonight it snowed so much! Isn't it beautiful? I am going to go out and play in the snow. I hope you kids have a great winter break! Keep warm and have lots of fun!

Flat Stanley

No comments: