Friday, December 19, 2008

Flat Stanley loves Jamaica!!!!





Dear Edelene,

Hello from Jamaica! My journey has been long and wonderful. I apologize for not writing you earlier, but I am very far away right now, in another country, where the Internet connection is not very good. I started out in the Chicago neighborhood of Bucktown on the north side with a fun girl who has become a good friend. Her name is Michelle and she introduced me to some of her friends. You can see us all hanging out having some soda in the first couple of pictures below.

After a few days in Chicago the weather started to get cold and we decided to go on vacation to Jamaica. So Michelle mailed me to Jamaica and then met me there. Jamaica is a tropical island in the Caribbean Sea where it is warm all year long. There are beautiful beaches and palm trees, and the water is warm. You can see that I have spent some time in the water, just floating, relaxing and enjoying the sun. The people are really nice too. We had some fun on a boat ride, and also riding horses. It is great to try new things!

I don’t know what my next adventure will be, but I am happy and excited to see what happens next! Thank you so much for mailing me and giving me this wonderful opportunity. I hope you are doing well in Chicago. J

Your friend,

Flat Stanley

No comments: